Sunday 13 October 2013

Activity Detected!


I feel like I am going to come across as a liar when I keep promising more updates but fail to deliver, but the past few weeks I have just felt a bit burnt out a directionless in the hobby. But fear not, something I have been waiting for has been announced which will mean a lot of updates coming up.




I did initially try to get running with the new Dark Elf book, but to be honest, there is something about painting the numerous rank and file troops that fails to grab me in this game system. That's not to say that I'll be dropping it, the collector in me loves all the new releases and I will be grabbing some of them. I just need to get going with it and get interested in playing.

The big news however, is that Tale of Many Painters at my latest GW has just announced the start date, and it's next weekend! I do love this event as it gets me motivated to paint miniatures and develop my painting skills as I go.

Tale of Many Painters, if you didn't know, is a sales technique by the local GW to get you to buy an army and get it up to a decent size. Despite that, I still love it as I end up with a completed army at the end of it, and it's a great way of meeting new friends.

This year, I'm going to be expanding my Eldar army. I already have a backlog of painting which can start me off, and I am preparing already with basing and undercoating as many minis as possible. It may sound like competitive instinct is kicking in (as there is an overall winner at the end) and I would be lying if I said that I wasn't aiming to go one better than last year and get the win. But in reality, I am trying to prepare a bit of a buffer already as I will be spending two weeks in Japan during one check in and will need to find a way of covering that gap.

Because of this, I will try and throw down regular updates as I go so that there is a regular record of the armies development. I will also try and get photos of the other hobbyists armies to display up here too.

Also, I have decided to paint up some Space Marines. It's a bit of a u-turn for me as I am a well voiced opponent of the Imperium of Man. But, I have been taken in by the fluff of the Raven Guard and their stealthy tactics. I'm not that bothered about getting a large army, so I have decided that to keep it small, and also keep a bit of fluff to the Raven Guards Black-Ops tactics, I will build this force as a Kill Team.

So that's the plan for the next 5-6 months for my hobby and the blog, I hope you will check back to follow my progress.

No comments:

Post a Comment