Monday 25 January 2016

From the Shadows: Hunt the Fallen pt.2




Greetings! Bit of a delay getting this last weeks post up as I've got a lot going on behind the scenes at the moment, but I'm not slowing the advance towards the event in February!

I've made a lot of progress since the last post and my chapter is now starting to look like a real army for the first time since it's inception.

Since the last post I've finished off the Devastators, as you can see above, and also the Grav Cannon bearer for Tactical Squad one.  After they were out of the way I built and primed the Landspeeder, Landspeeder Typhoon and one of the Rhino's and I'm well into the work on those.


I also made a big decision for this year and what I'm going to do once the Hunt the Fallen event is out of the way.  I was going to be starting a new army, one I've always wanted to turn my hand at, an Astra Militarum Tank Company.

Thinking about what I wanted to achieve and the colour scheme I was going to use was all very well and good, but the closer I got to deciding the more I questioned the reason why I wanted to start a new force.  After all, my chapter is coming together in a real way now and it seemed a bit of a crazy idea to skip out on them now.

That in mind I've decided that I'm not going to be doing an AM Tank Company, instead I'm going to forge on ahead with another long desired force and build my chapter its very own Ironwing.  That's right, lots and lots and lots of Dark Angel tanks!

So far it's only a very small force, sitting at a grand total of zero painted units.  However, I have a Sicaran and a Vindicator Laser Destroyer to build and paint to kick me off, but thats another post for another day!

I'm really enjoying trying out some new painting techniques on the speeders, so painting the Ironwing should be a doddle by the time I get round to it.

Not really much else to report for this week as I've not had that much time to get stuck into anything.  I've updated my army list below to represent the bits I've finished since last week, now to go and get things done for this week!

Good hunting!


LION'S BLADE

Demi-Company

Company Master w/ Artificer Armour, Foe Smiter, Relic Blade & Jump Pack

Tactical Squad(10) w/ Grav Cannon, Grav Gun & Rhino

Tactical Squad(10) w/ Plasma Cannon, Plasma Gun & Rhino

Tactical Squad(10) w/ Missile Launcher, Plasma Gun & Rhino

Assault Squad(5) w/ 2 x Flamer & Power Sword

Devastator Squad (5) w/ 2 x Lascannon, 2 x Missile Lanucher & Armorium Cherub

Inner Circle

Librarian w/ Mastery Level 2, Shroud of Heroes and Jump Pack

Ravenwing Attack Squadron

Ravenwing Bike Squad w/ Grav Gun, Plasma Gun & Attack Bike w/ Multimelta

Land Speeder Typhoon

Ravenwing Support Squadron

Land Speeder

Darkshroud

No comments:

Post a Comment