Thursday 14 January 2016

From the Shadows: Hunt the Fallen pt1

Matt here! Been a while no?  Life and circumstance prevailed against us the last 6 months and we all ended up taking a long hiatus from the blog, but things have levelled out a bit now so back to the keyboard!

This year is going to be a busy one for my Dark Angels successors, the Angels of the Watch, so I thought I'd cover their adventures and growth in a weekly series called From the Shadows.

The first thing I'd like to cover is also the biggest thing in my Chapters history, and my hobby experience.  I've signed up to go to the Hunt the Fallen campaign weekend at Warhammer World at the end of February.

The Campaign is heavily narrative based and surrounds the potential capture of a prominent member of the Fallen, so I thought I'd build a fluffy yet capable force from the 1650pts I have at my disposal.  One thing I did want to stick to when writing my list was that I didn't want to use any form of allies, especially my Knights, as this is a thing for the Unforgiven to deal with alone. (not that it'll stay tat way on the day I'm sure :) ).

I wrote the list I wanted to take, however, a good portion of it doesn't exist in my collection as of yet.  This gives me the perfect excuse to buy a few bits I sorely need but have been putting off in place of magpie units (they catch the eye like a shiny penny but don't really help!).

So, what am I planning to take? A Lion's Blade formation is top of the pops here.  It's a solid way of building a good force and also bolsters Grim Resolve to unholy levels, God help anyone that tries to charge onto my guns!

Here's the list:

LION'S BLADE

Demi-Company

Company Master w/ Artificer Armour, Foe Smiter, Relic Blade & Jump Pack

Tactical Squad(10) w/ Grav Cannon, Grav Gun & Rhino

Tactical Squad(10) w/ Plasma Cannon, Plasma Gun & Rhino

Tactical Squad(10) w/ Missile Launcher, Plasma Gun & Rhino

Assault Squad(5) w/ 2 x Flamer & Power Sword

Devastator Squad (5) w/ 2 x Lascannon, 2 x Missile Lanucher & Armorium Cherub

Inner Circle

Librarian w/ Mastery Level 2, Shroud of Heroes and Jump Pack

Ravenwing Attack Squadron

Ravenwing Bike Squad w/ Grav Gun, Plasma Gun & Attack Bike w/ Multimelta

Land Speeder Typhoon

Ravenwing Support Squadron

Land Speeder

Darkshroud


It's not battle tested yet, but I think its a pretty good list and I'm happy with it.  The problem is I don't have the stuff marked in red yet, so I've got to pull my finger out and get it done as the the weeks are ticking by!  I've been learning a few techniques to help me speed up the painting of the vehicles and I've just become the proud owner of an airbrush so hopefully all of this conspires to do me some good!

I've added a few pics to the the end of the post of the Devastators as they come along, hopefully they'll be done by the time the next From the Shadows goes up!  I've also added a picture of my "Flybrarian" as he'll be the one doing the Inner Circles secret work :)

See you next week!


No comments:

Post a Comment