Tuesday 26 May 2015

A WAAAAGGGHHHH TO FAR!


Hey guys Craig here.

Today's post is all about how my Orks and Matt's Dark Angels faced off against each other.

As I don't have a huge force fro my Orks (as of yet) a small 600pts game was on the cards. I knew that at this points cost Matt couldn't get a lot. Mine wasn't a huge amount but I still felt confident going into this small but no doubt bloody battle.

Matt's List was (roughly)

Command Squad all with bolters. 1x Apothecary, 1x Librarian 3 x normal guys plus the banner of devastation (Salvo 2/4 Bolters)

1 x 10 man tact squad, all with bolters
1x 5 man tact squad 1 with plasma
3 Black knights with plasma and grenade launcher
5 Vets tooled with meltas and combi wepons.

My List

Grukk Face Rippa
Weird Boy level 2

1 x 12 boys, Boss nob, Eavy armour, Big Shoota
1 x 11 boys, Boss nob, Eavy armour, Big Shoota and Trukk (Trukk had Red paint job, Boarding Planks + Big Shoota)
1 x Deff Copta, twin linked Rocket Launcha
1 x killa Kan, Big Shotta, Clan claw.

We were using the objective cards second time using these bad boys. I was like a kid at Christmas using his new toys.



Turn one I charged my Trukk straight up the right flank, Moved my Deffcopta out of the way of his black knights and the Killa can clanked forward towards. the banner of infinite shooting. To say Ork shooting is appalling is an understatement. I hit with a massive NOTHING. However I did manage to turbo boots my trukk a bit more. At least i did something in my shooting phase.

Matt's turn one. was just the beginning of the end. He took out my trukk and half of the unit with it. Making them flee and left Grukk all on his own to face the 5 man tact squad. He also managed to take a hull point of my Kila Kann and a wound of my Deffcopta.

My Turn two shooting was still underwhelming. however I did manage to take out a black knight. with my deffcopta. Then I thought my luck was going to change Grukk was in charge range of the 5 man tact squad. The beast of Sanctus Reach was going to get in a make a small mess of these imperial suck ups. O how I was wrong. in over watch he took two wounds. (Double 6 on the plasma to hit) got into combat I killed two Dark Angels and the unit finished me off. considering his is suppose to be a beast in combat I was a little disappointed. Maybe the dice gods were testing my patients.

Matt's Turn two. My unit of boys were murdered with bolter fire including the Weirdboy. Matt's veterans finished off the Killa kan with ease. The deffcopta died. All I had left was 4 boys from the trukk that had blown up. I think as a mercy killing Matt left his black knights within charge range to see how his knights would fare. After two round of combat the orks had finally been curb stomped.

We tallied up the victory points and I had 1 point. Matt had somewhere into double figures. Safe to say Matt cleaned up big time.

What I have learnt from this battle is to buy either another trukk to get both units of boys up top quick. or buy a looted wagon 7pts more and cannot be killed by bolter fire. I am looking forward to playing Matt again and this time Grukk will have his revenge.

Untill next time guys.


No comments:

Post a Comment