Sunday 9 March 2014

On the Table


A quick work in progress entry today. This is a unit that I wanted to do for Tale of Many Gamers but never got round to it, so in a moment of inspiration I decided that I should bite the bullet and just get on with it. The other Eldar tanks I have were built prior to painting, but this time, I decided to build in many sections to give me a lot of quick wins and keep me motivated as vehicles are my least favorite unit to paint.

So what have you got on the table at the moment? Anything interesting? Maybe a unit you have wanted to paint for a while, or something that is going to give you the opportunity to try new techniques?

5 comments:

  1. Well right now I have my master of the ravenwing landspeeder, the dark vengeance set that I am using the chaos side to test and practice with the new special effects paint. I have removed all ultramarine icons from an old tigerius metal model and repainting him as a dark angel librarian. I have a redeemed and whirlwind to finish. on top of stripping to old paint off my older models and repainting them to my new higher standards. I even have a eldar farseer for fun. sounds like a lot but it keeps me from getting burned out on any one unit.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow, that's quite a bit you've got going on there!

      I like to keep my older models where possible, it lets me see how my painting has improved over the years.

      Delete
    2. I have actually kept the very first one I painted and I have kept one of every stage in my development since. and part of why I have so many is that I have two little ones and I'm happy just to get a few brush strokes in at a time. then my wife has bought me a new box for every holiday birthday Christmas fathers day etc so I get distracted by the new shiny on my desk

      Delete
  2. I too dislike painting vehicles. Got a raider for my DE that has been waiting for paint for the last year or so. I really need to paint it but cannot summon up the courage to jump in. I think doing it your way is much better as it helps keep up motivation to get the project finished. What you have done so far is looking good

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your kind words.

      I've got a Riptide that I brought on release and still haven't finished (it was one of my first blog entries). I think if I did it again, it would make more sense to paint it in parts.

      Delete