A lot of progress has been made in the last week, a shocking volume of painting got completed and me and Alun got a game in too!
As you can see from the picture above, I got the 2 Landspeeders finished, what some may notice is that they are both Typhoons, which doesn't match my list. That's due to lessons learned during our game, the result of which is a few changes to my Hunt list.
I'm not a quick painter, not by any means. A tactical squad takes me about 3-4 weeks, maybe longer and vehicles are at least a month investment. Given that I have a lot to do in a short space of time and my larger objectives for the year, I had to find a way to speed up my process.
To that end, I've changed the way I paint vehicles. Infantry I'll still paint using the age old edge highlighting method, I love them to look crisp and clean, but for vehicles that takes a lot of time and doesn't always come out looking too great.
So, I've started trying out a chipping and weathering style on my Speeders and I'm pretty happy with the results, I know there's a few bits that look iffy and there's definitely room for improvement, but the look was achieved really quickly and with very little effort.
After I finished the Speeders I set to work on the first of my Rhino's, and it took me only 2 days to complete, as opposed to the last one I did which took 3 weeks! I'm really happy with how it turned out, again, room for improvement, but I learnt from the Speeders and gave me a pretty realistic battle damaged effect.
The new list is not 100% finalised as of yet as I'm flip-flopping on how to handle my Ravenwing elements, but once it's done I'll post it up!